Juni 18, 2012

Last Minute for the Summer Sewing Contest


The last couple of days I kept telling myself that I really wanted to take part at the Summer Sewing Contest over at Ellison Lane's, but I knew I needed to write a post first ;-)
It's probably too late anyways since the Linky is gonna close in just a couple of hours, but I've been dying to show you a diaper bag that I just made for my best friends second baby. And now I have a good reason!

That pattern I used is called Fotobella by (again) jolijou. It's actually meant to be a camera bag, but a lot of people use it as diaper bag as well.

So, here we go:


Before I knew that the baby carriage was gonna be grey and pink I had bought some of those fabrics thinking they might look good together. Then I showed them to my best friend and she thought it was perfect and also needed a new diaper bag.

I made a trial one for myself, but I think I'm gonna safe that one for July, 4th. You will know why once you see it ;-)

On my trial one I used piping for the first time. On this one I made my own piping for the first time!


The pattern doesn't call for those inside pockets, but I've seen them in almost every diaper bag.


The little round pockets are originally meant to carry the easy to loose lens cap, but I'm sure I mommy will find good use for them, too.

I patted the bag with Thermolam (not sure if this is the English name for it), the same stuff you can use for pot holders not to burn your hands.
Although it took my about 20 hours to make this bag, I really like this pattern and I will probably make more.

Thanks for stopping by!
xxo Sana

16 Kommentare:

  1. What a lucky friend you have. Great Bag!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sana, you are very clever!!! The bag is amazing!!! It looks so professionally made!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh my goodness, Sana, that bag is fabulous! Completely professional looking and so functional for a new mom!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a wonderful gift for your friend! Your talent is growing! I hope you were able to enter the contest.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your bag looks great, lots of useful pockets. Your friend will have the smartest baby bag around!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Donnerwetter - bei so viel Lob wirst Du noch ein wenig wachsen. Ich bin stolz auf Dich ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. That is incredible! It looks wonderful and pockets are always good :) this is SO much nicer than ones you buy in the shops!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hi Sana, that is gorgeous! And I love the colour combo too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. This is such a great bag!
    And the teddybear is hilarious!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Great bag. And it would be fantastic for a camera as well. What did you use for the piping cord?

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. wow, Sana! It looks incredible, you've done a great job at making it look professionally done! What a lucky best friend you have :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. This is a fabulous bag! I hope you didn't miss the linky :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Oh Sana, what a brilliant nappy bag! Such funky colors - careful, you might get requests for more of those!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. It's a fantastic bag and I'm sure it will get used for lots of things once the baby grows out of nappies!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. A fantastic bag! Love the colors and it seems so useful, not only for diapers or cameras.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. wow sana - that bag is great - love how you've put pockets in it - your friend will just love it :)

    AntwortenLöschen