Juni 09, 2013

Hello, anybody still out there?

I know, I know, at that rate I will have written 3 posts by the end of this year ;-)
Thanks to everyone who has not given up on me!

I wasn't totally gone. I sewed, I tried following your blogs, I had a blast in Disneyworld (more on that later) and mostly I spent my time enjoying my hubby so close to me!

There are a lot of things I wanna write posts about, but for now, I just wanna say hi.

This wont be a pictureless post though. My mom and I went to a convention called Textile Art Berlin, yesterday. Lots of great quilts, other beautiful pieces of art made with many different materials and of course fabric to buy!!!

Unfortunately, you weren't allowed to take any pictures. An exception was the Dutch section. From down the hall we heard people say: The Dutch are cool! They don't mind you taking pictures of their quilts! And so I did:

This is my favourite and I think my mom would love something like this above her sofa ;-)

I love rainbow colors and red, white and black art
This was made by a very talented man! A very sweet Dutch lady told me that there are 13000 people in the Dutch Quilt Guild but only 5 men!!!

We had a great time! After 5 hours we were exhausted, but those beauties came home with me:


And these finally came in the mail on Friday! Thanks so much January for organizing this great swap!

Low Volume - my contribution on the very left
I have a lot of plans and a lot of due bee blocks.

And in just a couple of days my little sister is gonna be a mommy!!! I am so super excited to become Tante Sandra (yes, the French and German word for aunt is the same). My sister caught the sewing/quilting bug and made the cutest little blanket under my super vision ;-) Here is a little teaser:


Ok, that was it for today.

Thanks for stopping by and reading.
I missed you all!

xo Sana

12 Kommentare:

  1. Hi back atcha! Glad you are doing well, and enjoying your time with your husband. It's all about setting priorities. Have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Sandra. Glad you are well. Thanks again for my block. Did you get your quilt together?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi, Sandra! Such beautiful works of art. I wish I could have been there with you. Thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Lovely to see you again, Sana! And a wonderful collection of quilts :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Good to hear that you are healthy and very happy, and living your life! Hope the flooding isn't affecting you and your family. Take care!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Thanks for the trip to Berlin....and hope to see you back here again sooner rather than later!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Sounds like life has been good. Congratulations on the new baby Tanta Sandra!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. lovely to see you here! the quilts are lovely, thanks for the tour, i think mum has great taste! aunt in Norwegian. is tante. too!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. I perfectly understand you for not blogging so often. I don't do too... blogging is a time-consuming activity. But is nice to know from you, keep enjoying your second honeymoon!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. So lovely ot see you in print. I'm glad you could spend time with your husband.

    AntwortenLöschen