September 16, 2011

Still sewing / Immernoch am Nähen

I've been dying to write this post!
Ich konnte es kaum abwarten, diesen Post zu schreiben!

Finally, two days ago my husband found a package in the mail that contained the following:
Vor zwei Tagen hat mein Mann endlich ein Päckchen aus dem Briefkasten gezogen mit folgendem Inhalt:

My very first self sewn piece of clothing for a grown-up!
Mein allererstes selbst genähtes Kleidungsstück für einen Erwachsenen!

When I visited my husband in march he asked me if I could sew a real dress shirt (meaning button-front).
I just heard buttons and my alarm bells went off ;-)
Then in June I found THE perfect pattern in the German Burda Style Magazine (6/2011 pattern 138). Without BUTTONS!!!!! And I knew this was the perfect birthday gift.
Als ich meinen Mann im März besuchte, fragte er mich, ob ich eigentlich ein richtiges Hemd (mit Knöpfen und so) nähen könnte. Ich habe nur Knöpfe gehört und meine Alarmglocken schrillten.
Dann habe ich im Juni das perfekte Schnittmuster in der Burda entdeckt (6/2011, Schnittmuster 138 - das einzige für Kerle ;-)
Es hat keine Knöpfe und ich wusste, das ist das perfekte Geburtstagsgeschenk.

What can I say. After trying it on (on skype so I could see it) and seeing that it fits, my darling husband decided it's the perfect shirt to go out and kill rattlesnakes with. Yeahaa!
Was soll ich sagen. Nach dem Anprobieren (mit Skype, damit ich "dabei" sein konnte) und der Feststellung, dass es passt, entschied mein liebster Ehemann, dass das Hemd sich super eignet, um darin Klapperschlangen umzubringen.

Well, to all of those who were feeling sorry for the snake. As I understood it some neighbor ladies had already caught and injured it. For the next time we now have the number of a snake relocator who actually works close by and rescues snakes and neighbors for free! And my husband had to promise not to do such "heroic" thing again. To me poisonous animals are a real nightmare cause we don't have any here in Germany (well, we got one snake but it lives all the way in the north at the Baltic Sea and all the way in the south in the Alps).
Also an alle, die jetzt wegen der armen Schlange aufschreien: So wie ich das verstanden habe, hatten ein paar Nachbarladys die Schlange schon gefangen und verletzt. Aber für's nächste Mal haben wir jetzt die Nummer von jemandem, der kostenlos vorbei kommt und sowohl Nachbarn als auch Schlange rettet. Und mein Mann musste mir versprechen, solch "heldenhaften" Taten in Zukunft sein zu lassen. Gift-Viecher sind für mich der reinste Albtraum, da wir hier ja außer der Kreuzotter nix dergleichen haben.

Back to the shirt. Needless to say, I ironed the shirt before sending it of ;-) and it's supposed to be worn with the sleeves rolled up.
Zurück zum Hemd. Natürlich habe ich es gebügelt, bevor ich es abgeschickt habe und es sollte mit hoch gerollten Ärmeln getragen werden.

9 Kommentare:

  1. Your post is the funniest I have read in awhile! I hope your hubby here in the big ole USA, Texas has not told you to many long tails,,,,hissss..stories?!!

    Kill a rattler, Eat the rattler! Yep, it tastes like "Chicken!"
    Great Work on the shirt!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glad he liked it. I have not yet had the courage to sew any clothes - the thought of making sleeves are freaking me out.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ooh, 3 dimensional. Haven't made clothes since I was forced to in middle school. I salute you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Sana,
    I thought you would like this! Enjoy! Kim C.

    Rattlesnake Stew

    1 large onion, chopped

    2 large garlic cloves, minced

    1 bag baby carrots

    3 celery stalks, chopped

    4 white potatoes, chopped

    handful fresh parsley, finely chopped

    1 15 oz. can whole tomatoes, punctured

    2 bay leaves

    1 1/2 tsp. salt

    1 tsp. sugar

    3 tsp. black pepper

    1 tsp. thyme

    1 can beef broth

    2 tbsp. corn starch or flour

    1 tsp. ketchup

    1 tsp. steak sauce

    2 lb. rattlesnake meat

    juice from 1/2 lemon



    Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.



    Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot and slow-cook for 6-8 hours, or bring to boil in large cooking pot and simmer for 2 hours.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ist gut geworden, das erste selbst genähte.
    Ich bin handarbeitlich kaum begabt.
    Liebe Grüße!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Der Kommentar wurde von einem Blog-Administrator entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Well done on your first sewn garment for an adult, Sana!!! The V-neckline looks so professionally sewn, as do all the things you sew. The shirt looks great! You'll have to send instructions next time, telling him when to wear the garment... LOL!!! Thanks for linking up @Threading My Way...

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That is a fabulous shirt! Great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Hi Sana, I've featured your Linen Shirt today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/threading-your-way-features_30.html

    AntwortenLöschen