August 02, 2011

Hello english speaking readers

For a while now I've been following Lily's Quilts and today she is hosting a little link party for new bloggers or bloggers who are trying to find more friends in Blogland.


Small Blog Meet


Well, since my blog is mainly written in German I thought I introduce myself in English once again. Since Google Translator can be very entertaining but is not always reliable ;-)
My Name is Sana which is short for Sandra. I am 30 years old and since I was an Au Pair  in the US 10 years ago I am also addicted to fabric. My biggest souvenir though was my husband. We got married almost 4 years ago but unfortunately still live in different countries.
I am studying Geology and will be finished with my diploma hopefully early next year. Then I will finally move to Austin, TX and be with my husband for good.

So every time I visited my husband in the US I came back with a ton of fabrics dreaming of making a very colorful king size quilt for us one day. I just dont get to it. I dont allow myself to take on big sewing projects since I need to tackle finishing my studies and moving to another continent first.

I love sewing accessories, cell phone cases, little pouches etc. using up some of my Fat Quarter treasure ;-)

I have finished two quilts in my life:



My first quilt is the one on the top. I made the top of it as an Au pair and I gave it to my little sister 4 years later for christmas. The colors dont show at all. I have to get a better picture. It's supposed to be dark blue, bottle green and mint green. 
The bottom one I finished last year. It was for my friend's first baby. Both quilts were inspired by the "Quilt It" Magazin.

Well, I hope you are still with me and I didn't write too much. If you decide to follow my blog I would be very happy and I will write more posts in English since that is also more convenient for my family in law ;-)

Hope to see y'all soon,

Sana

16 Kommentare:

  1. I love the moon and stars quilt! I wish I knew German...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Sana - I'm Lynne. I have also signed up for NSBMU at Lily's Quilts.

    I wish you all the best as you finish your studies and prepare to move to USA.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Sana. I love your name! I also am a follower of Lynne's and really appreciate her for helping us all meet. Good luck with your projects.
    Patti

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi, Sana I come from Lily's to follow your quilting adventures (sadly only the 'in English' and in pictures!) Your quilts are lovely, Janine

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Morning Sana, I found you through Lily's quilts too :)
    Your stars quilt is beautiful! I studied German in high school (Many years ago!) Just not enough to follow blog posts, however I'm quite happy just to look at the pretty pictures!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hi Sandra! Your quilts are beautiful. Although I enjoy the humor of google translator, it's nice to really get the gist of what you're saying!! Would love to see your fabrics when you get to Austin.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hi Sana, I'm Cindy and live in Atlanta, Georgia. I have a German daughter in law and 3 adorable grandkids. She is currently living in Chemnitz and will be back to the states soon. I love visiting your country.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow I can't imagine living that far apart, must be very difficult! But I am glad you are getting to be together soon! And I am the same way with my fabric stash, where I always plan for quilts but end up making accessories instead. I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Wow, thank you all for your kind comments. I will be back tomorrow browsing and joining your blogs!
    Sana

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Popping by from Lily's... Looking forward to see more quilts. I read German quite well but hopefully you wont mind I leave comments in English. My written German is more than rusty.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Sana, your quilts are beautiful! I can't imagine living apart for four years. Hopefully you get to visit each other fairly often, though I'm sure that gets expensive! Good luck finishing your degree!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Love your quilts I am from Cornwall UK. My daughter can speak German. Glad I found the new blog meet up.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Hello from Canada! Thanks for checking out my blog. Your quilts are lovely. I am sure they are loved.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Beautiful! What a great start into the quilting world! I myself have only completed two quilts also, but I have started many.

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Hi Sana-- Thanks for visiting my blog. I like your quilts. My sister in law just moved to Germany,for 3 years. She wants us to come see her there. We might. Cheers, Sandie

    AntwortenLöschen