April 07, 2015

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Well, I can tell you I even believe in love BEFORE first sight.

Even before my little princess was born I felt so much love for her, little did I know how much stronger this feeling would get once I gave birth.

Ellen Jane was born on January 21th and everytime I look at her, I'm afraid my heart will burst from too much love.


She will be 10 weeks tomorrow and is the cutest little thing. She brings so much joy to the whole family.
Right now she likes to sleep a lot and gives mommy a chance to get things done.
Unfortunately not so much sewing. I don't know how it is in your countries, but giving birth in Germany means a ton of paperwork! Yeah, we LOVE bureaucracy - not so much ;-)

So far my little girl doesn't own anything sewn by me. I couldn't finish her quilt in time. That makes me sad.

Oh, I remembered she does own something I made:


Though I made this for my little nephew and it's almost too small by now.

What I got done:

I fixed the zipper of the diaper bag I made for my sister almost 2 years ago. The wonderful occasion: She gave birth to her second son exacly 1 week after Ellie was born ;-)


I also made a little thank you gift for my midwife. She was so helpful and I was sad having to let her go. She has this fun baby scale that Ellie enjoyed a lot, but she always carried it in a paper or plastic bag and I thought she needs a proper case for it. And yes, I am finally using my embroidery machine!!!


The stitching can be translated as: "Flyweight/Featherweight" and "Bundle of joy". She loved it!

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post! It made me very happy to see someone is still out there reading my blog ;-)

Hopefully I can show you Ellie's quilt soon. I can definitely make a post about diaper bags. I sewed several by now and I think they are worth showing.

Have a great week!

Love, Sana

7 Kommentare:

  1. Hi there! Congratulations Sana. She is beautiful. Nice to see you on here. Enjoy your sweet girl

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a beautiful little girl, congratulations!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Many congratulations, Sana!!! Enjoy your beautiful little daughter.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Congratulations! And so glad you are embroidering and doing *some* sewing!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. PS love that my Berlin star in on your header photos, that quilt lives on my sofa and it makes me so happy!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. It's great to see that your lack of time to sew is due to a fact so wonderful and important as the birth of your child. She's cute, God bless her and you give to her all the time she needs. Sewing and other things can wait...

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh that is so sweet.thank you so much for share with us. please check it out yahoo password recover help

    AntwortenLöschen